Terre des Hommes’ vision is to guarantee:
“For every child, a childhood. Every young person empowered. Every community engaged.”
It is our mission to make this vision a reality. To achieve this, at Terre des Hommes:
- to ensure that child rights are put into practice;
- to protect children from harm, even in the most difficult circumstances;
- to influence agendas and strategies that affect children and youth at all levels.
- to give children access to the childhood they’re entitled to;
- to empower children and youth to actively shape societies, structures and mindsets;
- to achieve sustainable system change for children.
- to involve all relevant actors, from local to global, in the solutions we seek;
- to engage partners, expertise and resources in creating environments in which children thrive;
- to build capacity for the protection of children and the implementation of their rights.